Job Creation Partnership Program
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
(Full-time, 52 week Contract)
Location: Parrsboro, Nova Scotia
Type: Full-Time,Contract Employment (52-week term)
Reports to: Executive Director
Start Date: ASAP
Wage: Salary to be negotiated (under the JCP Program)
Deadline: Extended until qualified applicant is found!
Eligibility Information: You must be Labour Market Development Agreement (LMDA) eligible to access the Job Creation Partnership.
To be LMDA eligible you must meet one of the following:
· have a current Employment Insurance (EI) claim
· have had an EI claim that ended within the last 60 months
· have been employed with gross insurable earnings of $2000 or higher annually, in at least 5 of the last 10 years
You must also have been previously attached to the labour force and your application will be assessed for Labour Force Attachment (LFA).
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator plays an essential role in developing marketing content, expanding networks and communications activities in support of the sales, fundraising and sponsorship strategies by the Executive Director. The objective of this position is to launch and establish three targeted campaigns that extend beyond the existing local network under Artists, Sponsors and Buyers. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the applicant will research and apply the specialized knowledge in order to disseminate engaging content to large distribution lists, consolidate old and newer databases, assist in this year’s partial rebranding which includes integrating specialized tools such as: social media content creation and curation, monitoring and reporting; digital marketing and promotions; website content creation and maintenance; and departmental organization and administration.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS:
• Under consultation, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator will research and apply marketing data under three primary campaigns: Artists, Sponsors and Buyers
• Document and apply targeted marketing research for the three major campaigns which include article searches applicable to the organization, consolidating, gathering and updating media contacts for our database, and communicating marketing/editorial deadlines to the Director.
• Provides support to the development of an integrated marketing and communications editorial calendar and assists with fulfillment of objectives.
• Support public relations (PR) activities through researching relevant media influencers, monitoring media mentions, and track + monitor archive digital and print media clippings and measuring performance for future campaigns.
• Upon review of data research, the coordinator will assist in the purchase and monitor performance of all Google AdWords campaigns
• Assist the Director with dissemination and design of digital ads and graphics for email campaigns as needed.
• Increase organization visibility and brand awareness through initiating email marketing campaigns, invitations and post-campaign activities such as analysis reports for recommended changes and adjustments.
WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA:
• Conducts administration for social media accounts trends and updates to social media platforms
• Develops social media guidelines in line with brand recognition to enhance follower engagement, provides support to online inquiries, and shares relevant content and knowledge to audience
• Liaises with cultural partners to promote calendar of events and courses
• Coordinate and upload web content as required
• Coordinate feedback from events from artists, sponsors, and volunteers
• Schedule and fulfill sponsor recognition on social and digital platforms, delivering on cultural partner and sponsor expectations and providing excellent client and partner services.
How to apply:
Please submit a brief covering letter (no more than a page) and a resume to describe your interest and qualifications for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Project Management and Databases are considered an asset. Please highlight software experience if any of these apply!