Parrsboro Creative is now receiving applications for the position of Executive Director. Closing date Sept 25, 2019.
For the full Job Description and other information please Download pdf
Applications may be made on line. Click Here.
The Executive Director is offered a qualified full time position – Model small town cultural hub – Collaborate with cultural partners
Parrsboro Creative is located in the small town of Parrsboro, Nova Scotia where people revere their community security and willingness to work together toward the common good. Parrsboro Creative is spearheading a community initiative committed to improving economic prospects through the development of the cultural economy.
We offer our employees an opportunity to work closely with visual artists, community and regional cultural organizations and municipal tourism strategists in a community that has become a destination for a quality experience in the visual arts, music and theatre. The community is located in a beautiful, visually impressive landscape on Nova Scotia’s Bay of Fundy.
Parrsboro Creative enjoys the support of a broad base of the community from federal, provincial and municipal funders to community wide volunteers. Our town offers a safe and friendly community in which to work, play and raise a family.
- The board of directors makes a commitment of support both at work and inclusion within the community.
- We are committed to enabling the growth of the cultural economy in Parrsboro through innovative programming focused on the arts
- Pay range depending on qualifications – $35,000 – $40,000
- A flexible, self defined, work schedule
- Two weeks of paid vacation
- The executive director will posses leadership skills, knowledge and experience in managing not-for profit organization including administration, skills in design and execution of marketing programs and skills in communications and public relations activities;
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge and experience of working within arts and culture community
- Possess strong oral and written communications skills
- Have a comprehensive understanding of modern office technology and its application to efficient office procedure.
- Must have a valid drivers license and vehicle and a willingness to travel for meetings and events as required;
- Have strong, creative, and strategic capabilities with social media and internet based marketing, and in word processing and data base management.
- Provide leadership to plan, budget, implement and measure the success of Parrsboro Creative programs;
- Investigate funding program opportunities and prepare applications for funding where appropriate;
- Maintain currency of the web site and social media presence;
- Coordinate media interest in Parrsboro Creative and maintain regular contact with target media.
- Conduct relevant market research to monitor trends and identify those predisposed to Parrsboro Creative’s programs;
- Assist the board in its work with other stakeholders, such as various levels of government, government agencies, and non-artistic business supporters;
The Location: Parrsboro Creative is based in Parrsboro, Nova Scotia, Canada This is a great place to live because
- Access to wilderness based recreational opportunities
- Cultural based recreational opportunities
- High quality P -12, in town, education system
- An extremely low crime rate
- A community that works together.
Application deadline – September 25, 2019.
If you have questions prior to filing your application please contact
Board Chair – Michael Fuller
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 902-254-2972
Click here to download the job posting. Please feel free to share this document.