Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival
Here are the Juried Artists participating in this years festival.
Thank you and congratulations
2019 Participating Artists:
Digby, Nova Scotia
- May 2019 invited to the Forgotten Coast en Plein Air, in Apalachicola, FL
- Best Watercolour, Bermuda Plein Air twice running, 2017 and 2015 (biennial event)
- Finalist, Art Renewal Center 13th Annual ARC Salon, 2018
- Second Place in the BoldBrush Painting Competition, September 2016
- Juried into Paint Annapolis, Annapolis, Maryland
- Juried into Chadds Ford Paint Out, Chadds Ford, PA
- Juried into and received Best Demonstration at Artsfest, Annmarie Sculpture Garden, Dowell, MD
- Juried into and received Best Architectural Scene, Mountain Maryland Plein Air, Cumberland, MD
- Artists for The New Century 2017 Show, The Bennington VT
- PleinAir Magazine Featured artist 2018 February/March
- Artist Choice Award, Bath Plein Air 2018, First Place Quick Draw – Plein Air Plus 2018, NJ, Fingerlakes Plein Air 2017
- Judge’s Choice Award – Plein Air Easton 2015
- Painted a Collection of 8 paintings representing battle honors, permanently exhibit at the Québec City Armory.
- Nanjing China, group exhibit
- “Best of Show” Olana Plein Air 2016
- Award of excellence 2014 Oil Painters of America, Eastern Regional
- Reconnaissances Officielles Prix / Honours, Awards
- Honorific Awards, All Categories, autumn Expo AAPARS, 2017
- Laureate, Art Competition, La Prairie, 2017
- Finalist, National Art Contest « Rêves d’automne » Baie-Saint-Paul, 2014
- Plein Air Easton -Awarded Best Watercolor 2018
- Pennsylvania Watercolor Society’s 40th International Exhibition – Bronze Medal Winner 2018
- Exhibited at the American Watercolor Society 2017
- Salmagundi Club’s Annual Open Painting and Sculpture Exhibition – Thomas Moran Memorial Award 2017
- 2018 Publication of ‘Augustus and Me’ illustrated children’s book
- 2018 Plein air painting trip, Bermuda
- 2017 Solo Exhibition, Massachusetts State House
- 2016 Cape Ann Plein Air Painting Festival
Big Pine Key, Florida
- Signature Member of the American Society of Marine Artists.
- Chosen as cover artist for Paradise Plein Air in 2017.
- Featured in Southwest Art, Fine Art Connoisseur and Sail magazines 2017-2018.
- Had paintings shown on Netflix’ Bloodline in 2016 and an episode of HGTV’s Island Hunters in 2018.
- Signature Member of Oil Painters of America
- President Plein Air Painters of the Southeast 2016-2018
- Master Signature Member of Women Painters of the Southeast
- Signature Member of American Women Artists
Clifton, New Jersey
- Juried artist Easels in Fredrick selected by Scott Christiansen
- Plein Air Magazine’s Publishers Invitational in Cuba, cumulating in Gallery shows.
- Featured in New York Times article for 10 year plus relationship with Peconic Land Trust art and conservation.
- Guild Hall Art Museum, East Hampton, award for Best Realistic painting in Members Show.
- Selected Contemporary Artist for The Art of Zion National Park
- The Flora B. and Joseph V. Giffuni Memorial Award at the 38th Annual International Exhibit at the Pastel Society of America in New York City, N.Y.
- Artist in Residence Dinan, France
- Recipient of Master Circle Gold Medallion at the IAPS Convention in Albuquerque.
Weymouth, Nova Scotia
- One of the top doors painted for the Nova Scotia Art Gallery
- Cape Ann Plein art festival won an award
- Invited to paint with the Russians in Jeffersonville Vermont
- Sold out shows
- Teaching a watercolor workshop aboard a historic schooner this summer.
- Author of the seventh-ranked painting blog, https://watchmepaint.blogspot.com/, as per feedspot.com.
- Painted across Canada from Yukon Territory to Newfoundland in 2016 for Canada’s sesquicentennial;
- Had a show of nudes censored and closed down in a university gallery.
Prospect, Nova Scotia
- Participates in the “Paint Sea on Site” Plein Air Event sponsored by the Lunenburg Art Gallery and the PCFAS Plein Air event at Peggys Cove.
- Juried into shows sponsored by the Laguna Plein Air Artists Association in California and shown at the Forest and Ocean Gallery in Laguna Beach.
- Included in the “Tell Me a Story Exhibition”, Women in Art, at the LA Quinta Museum in La Quinta California.
- Participated in the juried AC/UCR exhibit sponsored by the Palm Springs Art Museum Artists Council and the University of California/ Riverside in Palm Desert, California.
- March 2018 Plein Air magazine cover artist
- Numerous Best Nocturne and other prizes in Plein air festivals
- Long term painting travels in Italy and Asia
- John Stobart Foundation Grant culminating with a solo show at the Lyme Academy.
KATHLEEN GRAY FARTHING
• Awarded 2-week artist residency in the Olympic Peninsula 2019
• Solo show at Solon Center for the Arts 2019
• Parrsboro Plein Air 2017, 2018
• Springfield Museum juried show, 2016, 2017, 2018
Saint Simon’s Island, Georgia
- Winning first place and a prize of $5,000 in Piedmont Plein Air.
- Having my work included in Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine, Plein Air Magazine and American Watercolor Weekly during the same month, February, 2019.
- Serving for a month as Artist in Residence in Dinan, France – enjoying the use of a house and studio during July of 2006.
- Discovering and falling in love with plein air painting.
Moorestown , New Jersey
- First Place and Artists Choice Award – Cape Ann Plein Air 2018
- Artists Choice and Award of Distinction – En Plein Air Texas 2018
- First Place – Lighthouse Plein Air Competition 2018
- Best Plein Air painting December/January 2016 Plein Air Salon.
• “Best in Show” in Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival, 2017
• The Shirl Smithson Memorial Scholarships, awarded by OPA, 2016
• SCA 1st awards of excellenceat the Leyton Gallery of Fine Art, St-John’s, Newfoundland, 2016
• Twice a excipient of the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation grant
Hicksville, New York
- Recognized with over 146 awards including the Museum purchase award for the permanent collection of the Mystic Seaport Museum of America and the Sea (For a plein air painting of an 1883 Oyster Sloop)
- Six time selected artist for Plein Air Easton
- Grand Prize & Collector’s Choice Winner Easels in Frederick 2012
- 2018 – 3rd place Finger Lakes Plein Air competition
- 2017 – 3rd place Lyme Art Association – New England Landscape Invitational
- 2016 – 1st place Lyme Art Association – American Waters exhibit
- 2016 – 1st place Hudson Valley Plein Air competition
- Founding member and past president of The Chestnut Group.
- Profiled in Plein Air Magazine September 2013 “Unexpected Gifts of Plein Air Painting-Diane C May”.
- Participant in Sonoma Plein Air, the Forgotten Coast Plein Air Invitational, Door County Plein Air Festival, and the prestigious Plein Air Easton.
- Third Prize at Plein Air Brandywine Valley 2018
- Mildred Sands Katz Award – Philadelphia Water Color Society International Exhibition of Works on Paper 2018
- Merchandise Award at Pennsylvania Watercolor Society International Exhibition 2018
- Best Use of Light Award and Third Prize Quickdraw at Mountain Maryland Plein Air 2018.
Binghampton, New York
- I won the heart of my wife at the 2014 Adirondack Plein Air Festival!
- Peoples Choice 2014-2016 Adirondack Plein Air Festival.
- Artists choice and an honorable mention, 2018 Finger lakes Plein Air Festival.
- 1st Place, 2018 Keeseville Plein Air Festival and caught several bass, trout and a pike.
DARTMOUTH, Nova Scotia
- Elizabeth Greenshields Grant to study painting in England.
- Nova Scotia Arts Council award to study plein air at Grand Central Atelier.
- Capture 2014, Nova Scotia Realism Exhibition juried by Tom Smart and Peter Dykuis.
- Several finalist awards with Boldbrush, International Artist Magazine and Art Renewal Center.
Nyack, New York
- Second Place: Annapolis Plein Air Nocturne 2017
- Douglas S. Lewis Sr. Memorial Award: Bath County Plein Air 2017
- Honorable Mention: Plein Air Easton 2015 & Small Painting Sunday 2016
- Feature article in Plein Air magazine December 2015 – January 2016 issue
“It is vital for a landscape painter to study outdoors to fully understand how to interpret nature. I am very grateful I was taught this at an early age and it is a practice I will never abandon.”
New Hartford, New York
- Best of Show, Finger Lakes Plein Air Festival
- Best of Show, Upstate Invitational
- Award of Distinction, American Impressionist Society
- Plein Air Magazine “Painter Other Painters” article
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
- Finalist in The Artist’s Magazine annual competition – 2014
- Studied under renowned painter Casey Baugh – 2015
- Received a Professional Development grant from Arts Nova Scotia to study under NY painter Alyssa Monks – 2016
- Winner Best Seascape Award – Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival 2017
- 35 years of Plein Air painting, 40+ solo shows and 60+ invitational & juried shows in New York, Paris, Boston, Amsterdam, and others.
- Featured in “100 Artists of New England” (Schiffer 2011) and “The American Flag in Contemporary Art”, (Schiffer, 2015).
- Princeton University BA in Art History/Visual Arts. Commissioned for Princeton University’s official Reunions app.
- Cape Ann Plein Air 2018: 2nd place open Quickdraw winner; CAPA 2017; Bath County Plein Air 2018; Marblehead Plein Air 2011-2019.
“Passion and the passage of time are an integral part of my work.”
LAKE COUNTRY, BRITISH COLUMBIA
- I participated in and ended up winning the first place award of $1,000 in the 2018 Elora Plein air Festival, held in Elora and Fergus, Ontario in May of 2018.
- I was selected as a participant in the 2018 Parrsboro Artist in Residence program.
- I have been invited to become a featured artist at The West Fine Art Show, Cloverdale Rodeo May 16th through the 20th, 2019. The Cloverdale Rodeo and Country Fair began in 1888, and has been held annually ever since.
- My painting “Wildflowers IV” was selected to be one of twelve paintings featured in the Federation of Canadian Artists 2019 Calendar.